Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
As many of you already know I am a BzzAgent so from time to time I receive free products from them in exchange for my opinion. I am not paid for leaving these reviews and I am always honest in my reviews for them no matter how bad or good it may be. Recently, I was accepted into the Smooth Shine Polishing Keratin Power Campaign and I have had the chance to try it and share my experience with others.
The Smooth N Shine Keratin Power Semi – Permanent Hair Tamer gently transforms your hair in two simple steps, with up to five times less damage than permanent chemical treatments. No mixing, no frizz, no fuss. Just gorgeous results that last up to six weeks.
When accepting the campaign I expected that this product would be a relaxer already mixed without harmful chemicals. Well, as you may can guess this was the first surprise when it arrived. However, since I am pregnant I figured what harm could it do since I was thinking of putting a relaxer in the day the campaign request was sent my way. I did use a Super because since it was my first time using this product I expected it would not take as well on my hair as others. Below, you can find my pros and cons of this product but it may work for some just not me.
- No harmful chemicals
- No burning sensation such as the one you may experience with relaxers
- Makes hair smoother and less frizzy
- Makes new growth straighter
- Hair did not shed as much as to when I use a relaxer
- I tried to do the wash and go for the wavy look and it did not work at all
- It has a horrible smell that kind of reminded me of Nair
- It is really hard to use all of the neutralizing milk in your hair but the directions state you must do so
- It takes longer than a relaxer
- You have to wash your hair first which I found odd
- You have to flat iron your hair after for your hair to go straight
Overall, I would not recommend this product because of my experience. But, as I said everyone has different hair textures so it may work for some. However, if you have thick hair the best option would be to get a relaxer.
Before and After:
To prove my case I took some before and after pictures. The first picture is after I washed my hair, right before I started the treatment. The second picture is after the treatment and milk had been washed out.