As the end of summer approaches and fall comes in, you should not sit back and regret what you didn’t do – but reminisce what you have done this summer. Below are seven things to do before fall. Say Bye Bye to the summer with a bang!Don't let fall get here before you do these seven things. Click To Tweet
1. Get Your Garden Going
If you’ve tried to start a garden indoors, you may have found it a bit difficult to do. Many vegetables and herb gardens want to enjoy the bright sunshine, fresh rain water, and nutritious dirt. So planting a garden outdoors is a healthy start to a full garden to transplant indoors. Gardening is also a great way for you to get exercise and stay in tune with nature!
2. Host a Garage/Yard Sale
Many of us wait to host garage sales after we’ve done our spring cleaning. However, think of the perks of hosting a sale towards the end of summer versus in the spring.
- Winter is coming (insert your Game of Thrones jokes here) so you’re going to stock up on holiday sales. Where are you going to put it all?
- More space is available, so you’ll know where all your holiday décor is at.
- Your sales may increase because people are out walking more during the nice weather.
- Less cleaning during the spring cleaning time. So while your friends are stuck at home tidying up, you’ll be enjoying all your favorite spring shows.
Garage and yard sales are a great way to get the kids involved with cleaning and organizing. The sales are an excellent way to bring in money to really stock up on back to school sales.
3. Have a Bonfire with the Kids
Nothing is more fulfilling than spending quality time with the kids (other than the direct opposite – peace and quiet). Have a bonfire and maybe invite a family or two over. The weather is perfect! Relax under the stars before school starts back up or as a breather from all of the first week’s activities at school.
Bonfires, of course, are known for smores! But you can also pin your hair up, eat watermelon, and get messy! Bacon wrapped hot dogs, walking taco bar, and camp style Mac and Cheese, the food possibilities are endless. Check out this Pinterest Bonfire Food board for more ideas.
4. Take a Vacation the Next Town Over
If you aren’t just ready to go away on vacation by yourself, just grab a girlfriend and head over to the next town. Take 24 hours to sip wine outside, go golfing, walking, or shopping in cute trinket stores. Doing the vacation now helps you avoid driving in the winter for a getaway, and you’re able to do way more sightseeing.
5. Hit an All White Party on the Lake
If you haven’t attended one yet, there are sure to be a few last all White Parties you can attend. All White Parties are sexy, stylish, and your last opportunity to wear white before Labor Day gets here. You’ll find many people have them right on the beach or during boat trips. White Parties started out as secret, elite events- so go out there and be fabulous as though you were a star!
6. Attend a Small Town Festival
Each year around the country, small towns have big festivals! Take a trip to one or two and be sure to plan next year for any you missed. You can enjoy festivals such as:
- Lobster Fest in Chicago, Illinois
- Lilac Festival in Mackinac Island, Michigan
- National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Scarecrow Fest in St. Charles, Illinois
- American Folk Festival in Bangor, Maine
- American Music Festival in Virginia Beach, Virginia
7. Enjoy a Patio Dinner with the Girls
And the final idea of enjoying the end of summer is to spend time with your best friends. Find select restaurants that offer patio dining and enjoy dinner and wine outdoors. It’s a great way to let your hair down and let the cool breeze relax you all.
Which of the above ideas is inspiring you? What’s on your bucket list of things to do before this summer is out?