Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
I am not a fan of spaghetti – I have horrible memories of it lasting for a week when I was a kid. Ever since becoming an adult it is one of those foods that I stay away from. However, as a mom, my boys love it when my mom makes spaghetti so I figured I should start making it for them too. I was able to create a simple recipe that makes enough just for them (so they aren’t scared by a weeks’ worth of leftovers like me lol) and figured I would share it with others who aren’t fans of spaghetti like me but have little ones that love it.
Let’s get started.
- 1 jar of Uncle Steve’s Organic Arrabiata (Amazon Link)
- 1 16-ounce box of spaghetti noodles
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 tbsp. of Spike Onion Magic
- 1 tbsp. of Spike Garlic Magic
- 2 tbsp. of Spike 5 Herb Magic
- 2 tbsp. of Spike Vege – Sal Magic
- 1/3 cup of diced jalapenos
- 6 oz. bag of parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Olive oil
- Gather ingredients
- Brown ground beef in sauce pan big enough to add sauce in later
- Pour grease out of ground beef
- Add jar of spaghetti sauce
- Fill jar 1/3 of the way with water and swish it around and pour it into the pan
- Add ingredients and mix well
- Cover the pan and simmer until the sauce thickens while stirring frequently
- Fill additional pot with water and add two tablespoons of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking
- Bring water to a boil and add the noodles
- Cook to your desired tenderness
- Drain noodles
- Put noodles on plate and top with sauce
- Garnish with parmesan cheese
- Optional: Add salad and Texas Toast to complete the meal
Closing Thoughts on Simple Spaghetti Recipe
My boys loved this spaghetti and everyone wanted seconds so there were no leftovers! It’s easy to make and everyone will get full.
Does your family love spaghetti?