Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Y’all already know how I get a wild hair and like to try combining some different things together just to see how it will taste. Well, my latest experiment resulted in a chicken recipe that I have given the name “Kickin Chicken”. It’s simple to make and all the ingredients came from a subscription box that I was recently introduced to by the name of Piquant Post.
What is Piquant Post
Piquant Post is a new subscription box service for foodies that ships customers 4 freshly ground, small batch spice blends along with delicious recipes from a new country/region each month so you can cook delicious meals from around the world with ease and at a very reasonable price point.
I was able to receive the July box from them complimentary and I must say that I am pleased with the spices that arrived.See why @Giveaways4Mom recommends @PiquantPost to #foodies! Click To Tweet
July Piquant Post Box
The July package included Chile Lemon, Aji Panca, Aji Amarillo, and Peruvian Pink Salt. It also came with recipe cards for Peruvian Potato Salad, Chili Lime Chicken, Lomo Saltado, and Ceviche Mixto.
Originally, I planned to make the Lomo Saltado, but instead of taking the recipe card with me like I should have during my grocery trip I wrote out a list and ended up forgetting the red onions and tomatoes. But, keep a look out for that dish on my Instagram because I am still going to try it out.
Anyways, I ended up doing a more traditional meal and creating Kickin Chicken, which turned out great if I must say so myself.
How to Make Kickin Chicken
This is a simple meal to make and it didn’t take any time at all using the deep fryer.
- Tray of Chicken Wingettes
- Chile Lemon
- Aja Panca
- Aji Amarillo
- Peruvian Pink Salt
- Canola Oil (or your favorite cooking grease)
- Turn on your deep fryer and add in cooking grease to let it heat up
- Wash the chicken
- Place the clean chicken inside of a bowl
- Season with Chile Lemon, Aji Panca, Aji Amarillo, and Peruvian Pink Salt to your liking. (NOTE: For me I used majority Aji Panca and Chile Lemon to give it the kick)
- Add some flour to a bowl or container and flour chicken. (NOTE: You can also put some of the seasonings into the flour if you like).
- Once the grease is hot in the deep fryer add the chicken in the basket and allow it to cook for 10-14 minutes.
- Take the basket out of the oil and allow the grease to drain for a few minutes
- Serve with your desired sides. (For me I served with French fries and corn on the cob)
Final Thoughts on Kickin Chicken with Piquant Post
Overall, even though I haven’t had a chance to try out the recipes that arrived with the Piquant Post package, I still was able to enjoy trying out some new seasonings that I probably wouldn’t have heard of otherwise. Plus, I have four new awesome recipes to try out with my family that can make me look like a top chef (lol). I am pleased with the selections that Piquant Post has available and they get a 5-star rating from me.
What do you think of my Kickin Chicken recipe? Does Piquant Post sound like a subscription service that you could benefit from? Let me know in the comments section below.