I told you guys last week that I had signed up for the 45 Day Transformation Challenge with I Love Kickboxing. This challenge entails of making a healthy transformation within 45 days for a chance to win $20,000. So, what better reason to take back control of my health than to try to win $20,000?
Even though I know with all the people participating the chance of winning is slim this is still a good time for me to get back on track with my health goals. I had taken a 2-week break from Kickboxing so now I’m stepping my game back up and slowly making my way back to going 3-4 times a week in addition to eating healthier.
When I shared my salad creation with you I had the goal of eating different salads for a week. However, my family had enough of salads after the third day so I had to add something different to the mix, which leads to my Pepper, Chicken, and Shrimp stir-fry.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Half a bag of small, raw shrimp
- 1 tomato
- 1 small bag of pepper stir fry
- Lemon juice squeezed from 1 lemon
- Your favorite seasoning (I used lemon pepper and original Spike)
- Rice (optional)
- Bake your boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 50 to 55 minutes
- Once done take out of the oven and cut them up into strips and/or cubes
- Put the shrimp in the pan with olive oil for about 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes add in the chicken breasts, stir-fry, and seasoning
- After 5 minutes add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and tomatoes
- Cook for about 6-10 more minutes until done
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Final Thoughts on Pepper, Chicken Stir-fry
Overall, this is an easy healthy meal to make. I was able to make it while the kids were at football practice and it was a hit. The best part is since you are making a decent amount and serving with rice, you will have leftovers available for dinner the next night.
What are your thoughts on my Pepper, Chicken Stir-fry? Do you have any health goals you are trying to reach before the end of the year? Make sure you share them with me in the comments section below. I am personally aiming to lose 20-40 pounds over these next 45 days and tone up!