You guys, I have been so committed to fitness lately thanks to the 45 Day Transformation via I Love Kickboxing. I’ve only been 100% committed for the past couple of weeks, but I must tell you I am handling healthy eating and making it to class 3-5 times per week like a boss. Last week I shared with you my Pepper, Chicken & Shrimp Stir-fry recipe and this week I’m here to share with you another easy to make recipe that is sure to be a hit in your home as well. Now, let me go ahead and get started.
What You’ll Need for the One Pan Chicken, Seafood & Rice Recipe
- 1 nice sized pan that includes a top (I suppose a skillet could work too – I’ll be sharing one of my new skillet recipes soon too)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I purchased a 5lb bag because honestly, I wasn’t sure how this was going to turn out lol – usually I bake chicken breasts so this was a first for me)
- Butter or olive oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- ½ bag of fresh shrimp
- ½ pack of crab meat (optional) (I know it’s an acquired taste but I love seafood and of course my recipes must always be extra unique)
- 2 cups of uncooked rice (I used Jasmine rice – the boy’s dad buys like 10lb bags)
- Lemon Juice or juice from a fresh lemon (Once I started making this, I realized my lemons had gone bad so I had no choice but to use lemon juice even though I would have preferred using a fresh lemon)
- 2 cans of Chicken Broth or 3 cups
How to Make It
- Put some melted butter or olive oil in your pan and let it heat up
- Add in your chicken breasts and cook them for about 4-5 minutes (you don’t want them to be done)
- Add in your rice, shrimp, lemon juice, and seasoning to taste and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Check on the dish and pull the chicken on top of everything and mix everything together and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add in the crab meat (if it’s the kind that is already cooked in the package which is what I used), add in more chicken broth if the rice is sticking, and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you want to spice it up, even more, you could make a baked sweet potato or serve it with corn on the cob.
So, what did you think? Think this is something that your family would enjoy one evening? Tell me your thoughts in the comments below.