Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid ®.
While I work at home full-time, the boy’s dad works a more traditional job. Therefore, to save money from him having to purchase lunch every day or not take lunch at all I’ve been putting together some lunches for him that can tie him over until he gets off. Plus, since I just signed up for the 45 Day Total Transformation Contest I have made everyone start eating healthier with no exceptions to lunch. Therefore, today I’m going to share with you one of my easy, healthy adult lunch ideas in case you need make adult lunches as well and need to shake things up a bit.
Shrimp and Chicken Fajitas Salad Recipe
What You Need
- Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set
- Raw shrimp
- Chicken Fajitas
- Baby Carrots
- Mixed Nuts
- Salad Dressing (I used Ranch)
- Croutons (optional)
- Cook the chicken fajitas and shrimp
- While that is cooking chop up the baby carrots, cucumber, and tomato
- Add the croutons, baby carrots, cucumber, and tomato to the section of the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set that fits inside of where the salad will be.
- Once the chicken fajitas and shrimp is finished cooking and has cooled a bit, add that into one of the larger sections of the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set.
- Add your dressing into the little jar and place it into the section where you put the baby carrots, etc.
- Add your salad into the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set’s designated section and place the section with the tomatoes etc. inside of it.
- Seal this section.
- On the other side of the shrimp and chicken fajitas (in the other container spot) add in the grapes and mixed nuts. (They can add this to the salad or use it as a snack).
- Place both sections inside of their designated spot in the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set.
- Seal the container.
- Stack the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set neatly inside of their lunch bag.
More on the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set
As you guys already know I am a fan of Rubbermaid’s new line of products that they have introduced. I’m still using my last set I received from them to keep fruits and veggies fresh longer. In fact, the left-over salad from this recipe immediately went into my other Rubbermaid set.
The Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set is perfect for adult lunches. For the next 45 days lunch for the boy’s dad is mostly going to consist of salads because I have eliminated fried foods from our lives and salads are a quick pick me up to push through the rest of the day until dinner.
Key Features of the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set
- 100% leakproof guaranteed (*Not applicable to internal compartments created by inserts)
- Made with stain resistant material
- Stacks perfectly
- 360-degree clarity
- Splatter resistant when used in the microwave
- Safe and easy to use
- Stain resistant material
Our Thoughts on the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set
I love this set, it makes packing lunch a breeze and I love how it keeps everything separated. Despite this just being a simple salad when it’s all packed and stacked, it looks like I spent a great deal of time preparing his lunch. The boy’s dad loves it too since it allows a full lunch to be packed.
While the containers are small, it’s amazing how much stuff you can fit inside of this nine-piece set. Plus, you must love the fact that they have it so you can keep your dressing stored until ready, which means no overly soggy salad for lunch.
What are your thoughts on this easy and healthy adult lunch idea? Do you think the Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set could help make adult lunches easier for you to create and pack? Share your opinions in the comments section below.
Rubbermaid has been so kind to sponsor a giveaway here on Giveaways 4Mom. One of you lucky readers will win your very own Rubbermaid BRILLIANCE Salad & Snack Set to try out for yourself. To enter the giveaway, fill out the form below. Good luck to all who enter. SheSpeaks is responsible for shipping out the prize.