Dollar General is a place that I have shopped for cleaning supplies before. However, I would have never thought of purchasing kid’s birthday supplies from there.
With three kids, going all out on a birthday party just isn’t happening for me anymore. Therefore, when my middle son’s July birthday was approaching, I decided to go to Dollar General to see the selection that they had available. Once there, I wondered why I had never shopped with them for my party supplies. I could have saved a lot of money (no more ordering through Birthday Express for me).
Planning J.D.’s 4th Birthday Party
Creation Time: 30 minutes
Items needed (costs approximately $25)
- Small paper plates for cake
- LED Glow Party Balloons
- Birthday Sparkler Candles
- Scotch Tape
- Birthday Boy Ribbon
- Space Ship Pool
Thankfully, my middle son just wanted a small get together, so I only needed a few supplies to be able to keep him and his friends entertained. Since July is a hot month, for the most part, the kids will spend time playing in the pool and other water activities that we already own. All I must do is blow up the balloons and put up his birthday banner and we are pretty much good to go.
If you want to do a simple birthday party for your child, follow the steps below.
- Go to your local Dollar General and purchase the above-mentioned items.
- Put the birthday pin on your birthday boy
- Blow up the pool and fill it with water
- Put up your existing decorations
- Let the kids play with the water toys
- Do present time
- Do cake time and add in the LED glow party balloons
- If the party lasts until night time and you feel comfortable using fireworks do it
Closing Thoughts on Birthday Supplies at Dollar General
If I would have shopped via Birthday Express or even Walmart for my son’s birthday party supplies I would have been set back a couple of hundred dollars. However, my local Dollar General store had everything that I needed and I cut back my budget a ton, which means more gifts for my son.
Have you ever shopped at Dollar General for birthday supplies before?